If you have any questions about whether any of the foregoing applies to you, please contact us using the information set forth in the “Contact Us” section below.
1. DATA WE COLLECT
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers (including, but not limited to, social networks and analytics services) provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Service. We also receive information about you from some of our service providers who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, services, advertisements or communications. In some cases, we combine non-Personal Data about you with Personal Data we have about you.
Personal Data Collected:
- Contact Information: email address, account username, password, and gender.
- Social media account information: full name, social media profile information, Twitter accounts you follow, your Twitter email address and association to an existing Genius account, your Twitter username, your Twitter verified status, other social media profile information, and your Genius IQ points.
- Photos: avatar you choose to represent yourself (which may or may not be a photo of you) or social media profile picture.
- Date of birth and age range: if you choose to provide this information in your social media profile.
- Other information you provide to us: information you provide in correspondence with us, information you provide in your profile, information you provide when taking part in interactive features (i.e. contests, quizzes, and surveys), and personal narrative.
2. SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
- We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
- Registration: You can browse our Website without providing Personal Data, but you must create an account in order to access some of the features of our Website. If you take part in any interactive features of the Service (such as any contests, games, promotions, quizzes, surveys, research or other services or features), you may provide us with additional types of Personal Data. We also collect information from you if you correspond with us directly.
- Profile Information: After you set up your account, you can also choose to provide additional information which is shared through public profiles. Note that information you provide in your profile will be publicly available. If you do not wish to have information in your public profile, please do not add it.
- User Content: We collect User Content you provide on the Website, and we display it publicly on your user profile. Other users can post to a wall in this profile, where the public can view references to your comments you have made on the Website. User Content will include Personal Data if you provide Personal Data in your User Content.
- Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Service, such as the following:
- Essential Cookies: Essential cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Website or use a shopping cart feature within our Service. Disabling these cookies will make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies: Functional cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Service, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Service. These cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences.
- Performance/Analytical Cookies: Performance/analytical cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Website and Service and help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our campaigns and the Service’s content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Retargeting/Advertising Cookies: Retargeting/advertising cookies collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that we believe is relevant to you.
- Cookies: When you visit the Service, we send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Website. A cookie can convey information to us about how you use the Service and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. Cookies can either be “session cookies” or “persistent cookies”. Session cookies are temporary cookies that are stored on your device while you are visiting our Website or using our Service, whereas “persistent cookies” are stored on your device for a period of time after you leave our Website or Service. You can decide whether or not to accept cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some Services and functionalities may not work. We’ve provided a quick summary of some of the cookie types we and our service providers use on the Service, but for more information about cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/.
- Log Information and Mobile Identifiers: We collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you access our Website through a mobile device, we receive or collect and store device information.
- Analytics Data: We collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
- We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Service. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Operate, maintain and provide our features and services on the Service;
- Create and manage user accounts;
- Verify the identity of users;
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers, and send transactional emails related to the Service;
- Respond to user inquiries;
- Provide support and assistance for the Service;
- Personalize content and communications based on your preferences;
- Maintain interoperability with third party services, such as Spotify;
- Conduct online behavioral advertising;
- Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website;
- Customize your user experience;
- Provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- Prevent spam or fraudulent or abusive activity on the Service;
- Serve relevant advertisements;
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Otherwise to plan for, improve and enhance our Service;
- Meet contract or legal obligations;
- For any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data, or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
3. Contact us
If you have any questions about this agreement, please contact us.
The last update of this document took place on October 1, 2022